Friday, August 27, 2010

My First Day and Traveling

I knew that going to France was going to teach me something. One thing I learned is that I really do not like being on airplanes for whole day. When I said goodbye back home I got on the plane to Washington and from there to Paris and from there to Toulouse. After a long car ride, I felt so exhausted. I took my mom's advice and tried to sleep on the plane, however there were some passengers who were really loud and some girls taking pictures with the flash. Everytime they took a picture, I would be jolted out of my sleep. At least I tried, right? My host family is lovely and their house is beautiful just like in the pictures. My bedroom even has a fireplace. When I got to the house it was hard to not cry simply because it hit me that I am here and everyone I know is back at home. Its going to be a rough first few weeks but I know it will go by fast. Pretty soon I will be sad to go back. We had a nice homemade French lunch with cheese of course! Dinner was wonderful too. School starts next Thursday to me and it ends June fifth from what I understand. It should be a quick school year. I miss you all and I will see you in nine months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.