Sunday, August 29, 2010

Post #3

       Okay, where to begin...hmm. Well to start with, waking up is really hard in the morning and going to sleep at night is difficult too. My enternal clock is way off whack and getting back on track is going to take some work. The other day I went to bed at eleven here and woke up the next evening at six pm! I am getting better now. Due to my not getting up, I didn't end up going in to the city woth my host siblings. It worked out alright because I would have been able to go with them to their parties because I am not 18. Instead I stayed home hung out with my host mother and father.
         My host father is a doctor so he went to work on Saturday for the morning. My host mother and I went on an hour and a half walk through the Pyrenees mountains. It is so beautiful here, there is no snow on the mountains yet but they told me there will be snow soon. My host mother is an excellent cook and she made gallettes one evening and croque monsieurs for lunch the other day. I love the food here. She has a garden and cans many of the veggies that they eat. Today she made pork and green beans with garlic. We alway have orange juice and water on the table.  It was so weird the first morning when I woke up and I had cereal with milk from a box! Not a cold carton of milk that I am used too. Yes, the do drink wine at lunch quite often. Yes, they have baguettes all the time. No, they do not wear berets and have curvy mustaches like Americans often think of.
        I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures, so bear with me for a bit. School stars next Thursday and I am so nervous! I hope I can blend in. School here goes from 8-6pm with a two hour lunch break. In France, most schools don't have a cafeteria, but mine does. I guess I will find out if French cafeteria food is better than the food at my school in the US!  I showed my host sisters The Pricess Bride today. I think they liked it! Its different than the movies here.
      I think that is all I have for now! Please keep in touch! I miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.