Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Work, Work All Week Long

My head is longing to hit the pillow, therefore I am going to keep this short and sweet. School has been going alright this week. Yesterday my classes were good except for of course my history class. I don't know what it is, but my history teacher has something againt me I think. Sorry my French is not perfect. Thats why I am in France..to learn French. Anyway, my other classes are good. In English we are reading Agatha Christie's Poirot mysteries.I really like them! Spanish class is super hard because I have only had a year of it in the US and these kids have had it for since middle school. I am trying!

Here is a mini French lesson for you all: La greve means the protest. Protests mean no school. No school means that I am going to visit some French Villages on Thursday! I am looking forward to that a lot!

I would love to say that I am absolutly fine and not homesick at all, but I can't. I miss my family, friends, brownies, gum, my car, short school days, and my cowgirl boots. I made brownies for my host family, but they just aren't the same if they don't come from a mix! Oh and I miss peanut butter.

Let me teach you some French quickly:
-bonjour-hello/good day
-au revoir-goodbye
-J'aime les crossaints- I love crossaints!
-Nutella est magnifique!-Nutella is magnificent!
-Vous me manquez!- I miss you!
Did you know at school in France students greet each other with kisses on each others cheeks? It depends on the region in France, but some people kiss each other's cheeks up to four times just to say hello! In my town they just do two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.