Sunday, November 28, 2010

Past Two Weeks-School, A Weekend Away, and Turkey Day!

Well, I have a few things to report to you today. First of all, I would like to say that I am sorry that I have taken a really long to write a new post. I will be better about it. Starting from today, I will write a new post every Sunday. Keep your eyes on the look out for that!

Okay, now that that is out of the way I would like to move on to what I have been doing lately. The past two weeks I have been going to school like normal. Going to classes, attempting homework, and walking around in my town with my friends have all been part of my normal activites. The weather has been getting colder lately and its been raining every once and a while. Last weekend I stayed with a lovely family from Rotary. They took me hiking in the mountains with snow. We also went swimming, played bingo, and had a wonderful time. Walking in the mountains was so beautiful. Where I come from in the US, the terrain is very flat. The only scary part was when we were driving up the mountain and there were turns where you couldn't see on coming traffic. Other than that it was lovely! Here is a picture of the mountains. In fact, this mountain is in Spain! We were right on the Spanish border.


School has been normal here. Nothing too exciting. Thanksgiving day and the Friday after, I didn't go to school so that I could do Thanksgiving dinner with a friend. I took the train to the city and met her there. Nothing beats Thanksgiving dinner even if it is cooked with different Frenchie ingredients. I discovered that I really don't like rubbing dead turkeys with butter. I gained a new appreciation for my family's vegitarian Thanksgivings. In case you didn't know, French people do not celebrate Thanksgiving. The pilgrims went the US where the Native Americans helped them. The pilgrims didn't come to France. On the train to the city, I met two very nice gentlemen who were American and British. Each of their spouses are French women who teach English. They told me that Thanksgiving is the one day where the Americans eat better than the French. Perhaps they are right, but nothing can beat good French cusisine. On Friday, we walked around in the city.

Last night, I had the pleasure of meeting my second host families colleagues. We ate a traditional Austrian dinner. Very good! I got to be exposed to a new language as well. Most of their colleagues speak German as well as French and English. Maybe during my time with my next host family I will be able to pick up some German. I hope!

Unfortunatly, Sundays always mean that Monday is the next day. Monday mean school and actually having to get up at a normal hour to get to school. At least I will see my friends and get to get back in the swing of things! In response to my last blog, I am able to go to the concert now and things are going much smoother.

Here is a picture that I took in the city close to where I live:


Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.