This week was by far the best one I have had this entire year! Let me start off by telling you why. This week I went to a concert with my friends, saw Harry Potter, and went to a night club for the first time in my life. The band that I saw with my friends is called BB Brunes and I first heard their music when my French teacher played it in class two years ago. Harry Potter was excellent just because its Harry Potter. The night club was an experience that I will never forget.
The concert was definatly a fantastic evening. I went to the concert with some of my friends from school. My friend, Livia, drove us to the concert where we waited five hours in line. Five hours seemed like a long time until I saw what places we had. We were in the first row right in the center! Definatly worth waiting. The concert was really good and they sounded great live. After the concert, we really wanted to meet them so we waited until they came out to sign autographs. Each band member signed my ticket and we got a ton of pictures with them! It was a night to remember.
By the time I got home on Thursday night from the concert, I was pretty tired. Friday I slept in and then started packing because I changed host families today. On Saturday, I went to the train station to meet my friends. We all went to the city to go se Harry Potter. We ate lunch with one of my friends who is an exchange student as well. We had tartiflette (a blend of potatoes, cheese, and onions) for lunch at the Christmas market. They had the movie in English and in French. I chose to see it in English because the voices are changed when they are in French. Snape has a voice that I didn't want to miss. After the movie we went back to our town where my friend's cousin picked us up and took us back to my friend's house. My friend, Hugo, invited me to hang out Saturday night. It was his half sister's birthday party. At her party we all talked and had a good time. At one in the morning we went to the night club. Unlike the US, people my age can go to a night club on the weekends. I had a really fun time! The music was good and the DJ even announced that the "American named Amelia" was joining them for the evening.
Sunday morning, I got home at six am from the night club. Sleeping in until one pm felt great! At one, I woke up and ate lunch for the last time with my host family. At three pm, my host mom took me to my next family's house. Leaving them was hard because I am attached to their lovely family, but I know I will have a great time with my new family. This evening I unpacked and we had a lovely dinner together. I am looking forward to the next three months with them! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.