Friday, December 17, 2010

New Family and New Places

I know, I know. I haven´t written every Sunday like I promised. However, I really have been busy and I have lots to tell you today. What have I been up to? I have had a lovely time with mý new host family, I have spent a weekend with an other exchange student, and I have voyaged to far away lands.

My host family is so very nice. I feel like a part of their family and I really enjoy spending time with them. Their one year old son is very cute and normally a happy young man. So far, I have gone to school and done my normal activities. School is going alright. Here in France, school is divided up into three trimesters. We are currently in the beginning of the second trimester. I can´t believe how fast time is going here! When I first arrived, Christmas seemed so far away and now its practically here! December is going to go so fast!

The second weekend that I was with my new host family, one of the other Rotary exchange students came to visit me in my new family. We had a great weekend of talking, brownie baking, and Christmas markets. Rotary held a wine tasting on the Friday night that she arrived, so we helped out with that. My host big sister/mother and her son helped too! We went to the Christmas market in my town and we had some very yummy food. Saturday we stayed around the house because we got up so late. That evening we watched Harry Potter in French. Sunday morning we made American pancakes and my host parents liked them. Sunday evening we took my friend home after a nice dinner at a Lebonise restaurant.

Last week, school went well. School always goes well when you only have to go for a two days out of the week! Tuesday night, I went to a Rotary dinner and then I packed for our upcoming trip! Wednesday morning my host dad took us to the airport where we left for Germany! We will be spending the rest of this week going to Christmas markets, visiting places in my host big sisters city, and spending time with her family. Sunday we will head back home where my aunt and uncle will visit me! After that, we will be headed to Austria for Christmas.

Now, if I don´t write very often until after the New Year, then you know why. If I don´t have the chance to write before Christmas then:

Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year! Joyeux Noel et Une Tres Bonne Anne!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.