Sunday, October 17, 2010

Protests...Times Two

Six days, three school days, two protests at school, and a few cups of hot chocolate later, I am finally writing in my blog again to you, the lovely people that take the time to read what I have to say. This week was pretty mellow and normal. Getting in the swing of things has made each day go by pretty quickly.

This week began with a normal Monday at school. On Mondays I have math, French, and history. Tuesday I am supposed to have English, French, Spanish, advanced English,and a little bit of government. Well, that didn't happen thanks to all the students at my school. They made a blockade by sitting infront of the school building and refusing to go to classes. This means that I slept in and spent the day hanging out with one of my friends. Shopping and having hot cocoa are much more fun then sitting in a class, in my humble opinion. On Tuesdayaswell, I drove with my host mom in the mountains to go visit one of her friends who lives there. She and her family have a sheep farm. The woman makes yarn andany kind of knitted good you can imagine. The drive up in the mountains was breath taking. I was so bummed that I didn't take my camera with me or else I would show you pictures!

Wednesday I went back to school and had two hours of PE and then two hours of a pointless class called TPE. Wednesdays are half days and I get done at noon. For those of you who know me pretty well, you all know my athletic abilities. When it comes to volleyball, I am what the French would call "nulle" or useless. Just my luck, we had a volleyball abilities test. Guess who didn't do so well? Me. Anyways, Thursday I arrived at school only to find the students protesting again! So, I went home and had some more hot cocoa and hung out. Thursdays I have moderately the same classes as Tuesday, but minus the government. Friday, I finally had a whole day of class. I had English, two hours of French, and two grueling hours of history with the most awful teacher on the planet. I won't talk about that because what I have to say about that gentlemen is probably not approptiate for you all to see.

Friday night I spent the night at my friend Sophie's house and that was great. I always have a good time with her. We ate pizza, made some American brownies that my lovely Grandmother sent, and we talked about lots of things. It was a good evening! I came home this morning and I have been doing my homework and such for most of the day. Trying to do homework in another language takes a long long time.

Here are a few random things that happened this week:
-I had my first taste of veal. I cant believe that the school cafeteria serves veal! I did'nt really like it.
-Endive lettuce is an awful veggie. Especially when cooked with veal. Not a great combo.
- The French serve coffee in little bitty mugs called "les tasses" They hold about 2 ounces of coffee, unlike the 12 ounce paper cups at Starbucks.

**I need to correct myself from my last post I wrote. The government is not raising the retirement age to 69. In fact, I don't really know what age they are raising it to because when I ask anyone I get different answers. When I find out I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.