Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stressed and Sick..I think.

I think I have figured it out. Weekends for me are the hardest. During the week, I am at school and my mind and thoughts can be focused on the task of learning French. On the weekends, its harder because I don't see my school friends very often, I have a bunch of time to myself to think about how much I have to do before I leave.

This weekend my host parents were out of town which meant that my host brother and I would be staying alone at the house.  Friday night I spent the night with my friend Sophie at her house and that was great. She is really nice, she enjoys helping me meet people, and showing me new things. I really appreciate that she does that! Saturday I came back to the house and my host brother's cousin was here. I have met her before and she is nice. Saturday night was verrryy interesting. French people, as you know, enjoy partying. This time though, there were about 12 people and they all enjoy consuming beverages that are not permitted for people under the age of 21 in the US. This being said, I spent my evening enjoying the four walls of my room. Oh and I was serenaded by a group of 6 very "under the influence"guys. Very interesting night.

Sunday morning I woke up and the sky was grey and rainy. For some reason, my optimism goes out the window when there is not a ray of sunshine in the sky. Great..the forecast for this week is rain rain rain every single day. My stomach doesn't feel top notch today either. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Here are some culture tid bits for everyone:
-14 year olds are allowed to get a liscense to ride a scooter here.
-17 year olds have to take driving lessons just to drive with there parents in the car. Then they can work on learning how to drive. When they are eighteen they can get there liscense.
-Did you know that French notebook paper is more like graph paper and it is a lot bigger?

Thats all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.