Yes, yes. It is Wednesday. Wednesdays are a great day of the week because it means only two hours of class and then I can go home at 10am. Not too bad! This week was especially good because the other students in my class had to take the Pre-BAC. The BAC is their version of the SAT or ACT, but the test itself lasts more than a week! Today they took a practice test, so I got to stay home and sleep in.
Yesterday night, I had a Rotary meeting. I usually go to a meeting once a month. Rotary here is a bit different from my Rotary club back home. Here in my town, the club members are primarily men. Their wives and/or children are invited to a meeting once a month which includes a presentation made by a Rotary member, a four course dinner, and then coffee. The meetings are held at a local hotel which makes very delicious food. Each course looks so pretty that I don't want to eat it! Last night, my host dad was the presenter. In a few months, I will be the presenter. Making a 20 minute presentation about my life in a different language could be difficult!
This past weekend, I went with a Rotary family to the mountains. Coming from a rather flat part of the US, the mountains are a change for me. A very beautiful change. When I come home from school, I see a lot of the Pyrenees. It looks like a painting! Last Sunday, we drove to a ski station high up in the Pyrenees. It was so lovely to see all around me from that high up! I wish I could bring the mountains home with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.