Yes, it is Wednesday, but doing one blog post per week, even if it is not Sunday, is not too bad. This past week, I learned more French, toured a castle, and hiked enough for a lifetime. This week was hard too because I miss my friends and family at home. Six months without seeing my mom and dad is a long time! I bought some red shoes, but I don't think that clicking my heels will allow me to see them. Luckily Skype does!
This week, I have learned about French Literature more than anything. In my French class, we are reading,"La Place," by Annie Ernaux, "Le Premier Homme," by Camus, and we finished discussing "Le Perfum," by Patrick Suskind. I also learned that contact lense solution is really expensive here in France along with almost everything else you can buy. I went to an optical store and they wanted to charge me 20 euros for one bottle.
Moving on to the Middle Aes, I went to a castle called the Chateau de Foix. This past weekend, all of the Rotary students got together to do some snow shoeing. Before we arrived at our destination in the mountains, we stopped at the chateau. It was very interesting to see it. Each castle is different. They each have different architecture, stones, and different purposes. It is fun to hear about each of the different places.
After we arrived to our final destination, we discovered that something was missing. Snow. It can be difficult to do snow shoeing when there is no snow. We ended up going on a grueling six hour hike in the mountains. Alright, maybe it was grueling for me because I might be a tad out of shape after all the croissants. However, after climbng a mountain for four hours and descend for two, your thighs feel like they are on fire! Hiking just isn't my thing, I guess. One thing that I really liked about being in the mountains, is that you can see the summit of the Pyrenees. The summit is half Catalan and half French. I wish we could have seen the other side!
That is all I have to say for now, but if you have any questions or comments then don't be afraid to send me an email at violingeek1@hotmail.com.
Have a great week!
Pyrenees Mountains
Chateau de Foix
After we arrived to our final destination, we discovered that something was missing. Snow. It can be difficult to do snow shoeing when there is no snow. We ended up going on a grueling six hour hike in the mountains. Alright, maybe it was grueling for me because I might be a tad out of shape after all the croissants. However, after climbng a mountain for four hours and descend for two, your thighs feel like they are on fire! Hiking just isn't my thing, I guess. One thing that I really liked about being in the mountains, is that you can see the summit of the Pyrenees. The summit is half Catalan and half French. I wish we could have seen the other side!
That is all I have to say for now, but if you have any questions or comments then don't be afraid to send me an email at violingeek1@hotmail.com.
Have a great week!
Pyrenees Mountains
Chateau de Foix
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.